Welcome to Troop 364′s website. We would like you to look around the website. We meet at 109 Weatherly Rd Huntsville, Al every Wednesday at 7:00 pm. We are very active in the community and do monthly activities. Keep checking this website for reports and information about upcoming events.
On February 9, 2014, our troop held its semi-annual troop leadership training at Latham United Methodist Church. It started at 7:30 am and went to 8:00 pm. Three scouts served as cooks for the day and we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there. It was a fun-filled day, with many leadership activities and team-building competitions.
Raising the flag over Fort Sumter
The troop traveled to Charleston, SC to stay overnight on the USS Yorktown, a WWII aircraft carrier, on January 18, 2014. Our trip included going to Fort Sumter, where the Civil war began. While we were at the fort, we were able to raise the American flag. The trip was a great time and ended on January 20, 2014. Here are some photo highlights of the trip.
Objective: Enjoy a 5 day hike on the Appalachian Trail (AT), covering at least 30 miles. Plan is to hike South from Fontana Dam to the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC)
SAT, 9 June, 2012 (Day 1):
- 0830 Depart vic HSV
- 0900 Rrendevous at the Gurley Piggly Wiggly. (Wade/Hawrych join and ride with someone)
- 1000 Rendevous with Mr. Wade Sr. in South Pittsburg; continue to the NOC.
- Route on Google Maps here: http://g.co/maps/3gpt5 .
- 1345 (ET) Arrive N.O.C. and leave car(s), continue to Fontana Dam,
- Route on Google Maps here: http://g.co/maps/2rwa8 .
- 1415 Arrive Fontana Dam. Park Cars; Hike to Fontana Dam Shelter. Approx 1.1 miles
SUN, 10 June, 2012 (Day 2): Hike from Fontana Dam shelter to Cable Gap Shelter. Approx 6.8 miles
MON, 11 June, 2012 (Day 3): Hike from Cable Gap Shelter to Brown Fork Shelter. Approx 6.1 Miles
TUE, 12 June, 2012 (Day 4): Hike From Brown Fork Shelter to Sassafras Shelter. Approx 9.1 miles
WED, 13 June, 2012 (Day 5):
- Hike from Sassafras Shelter to NOC. Approx 6.9 miles
- 1400 Arrive NOC. Shower, eat?
- 1530 Depart for Fontanna for vehicles
- 1600 Arrive Fontanna
- Mr. Rice
- Sam R.
- Mr. Rogers
- Logan R.
- Ms. Mindy Rogers
- Mr. Wade (Jr.)
- Mr. Wade (Sr.)
- Roman H.
- Mr. Gipner
- Asher G.
- Thomas G.
Links to other info: