On June 7, 2014 our troop will have a patrol cooking contest. Patrols will arrive at Latham UMC at 9:00 am to start cooking, and will serve lunch at noon. For more information, see the attached below. Good luck patrols!
2014 Troop 364 Patrol Cooking Competition
Rules & Scoring Information
* Patrols must prepare a meal that contains:
The meal must be nutritiously well-rounded with at least one vegetable that is not a potato. Vegetarian meals are acceptable as long as there is protein provided by nuts, beans, or other sources.
* Menus must be approved by Mr. Chris Whitacre or Mr. Nick Skoglund no later than 5/28.
* Patrols are responsible for bringing everything they need to prepare and serve the food and drink (from stoves to pots to plates to utensils to cups). On the day of competition, the troop will provide water on site, tables for eating (not prep), and people to eat food. Everything else is up to the patrols.
* Troop trailer will be available during the troop meeting on 6/4 if there is anything you need from it. Each patrol must list all equipment they are borrowing from the troop trailer. That list will be used later to verify all borrowed items were returned.
* Patrols must bring all items they need to the competition when they arrive. No one is allowed to go run errands to fetch forgotten items or call/text/message someone to bring an item. If you forget something, you get to practice your improvisation skills.
* Patrols can do some prep work before showing up such as butchering or marinating some ingredients, but this should be minimized.
* Receipts for food items purchased must be submitted on Saturday morning during the cooking competition. There just MIGHT be a special award of a bag of money for the most frugal patrol.
* Patrols can start setting up at Latham at 9am. Lunch is to be ready to be served at noon. Points will be taken off if the judges must wait to receive their full meal.
* Each judge will score at least two patrols.
* One last scoring criteria will be whether or not the patrol returned all borrowed items by the start of the following troop meeting on June 11th. A partial score will be given if not all items are returned and a score of zero will be given if nothing has been returned by 7:15pm.
Scoring (points per criteria):
Served on Time (-1 for 1 min late, additional -1 for each 3 min late)
Receipt provided (1)
Meal proper temperature (3)
Food adequately cooked (3)
Promised menu items served? (5)
Equipment Returned (3)
Total of 25 potential points awarded per judge.